The Mission of the BIDC is:
- To participate in the development of understanding and standards regarding parental responsibility and parenting time in the professional community.
- To promote understanding between professions and professionals whose skills are utilized in the determination of parental responsibility issues.
- To provide educational forums for professionals who work in the area of parental responsibility.
- To provide a forum and support for professionals engaged in family law to build a strong professional network and to interact with one another for the common good.
- To highlight the concerns of the IDC with regard to children and parents in responsibility disputes with the wider community.